Thursday, October 18, 2012

Subtle Snowflakes

Here's my card for the current challenge over at Dynamic Duos--Pool Party and Soft Suede.  It sure is nice to just grab a couple ink pads and a couple packs of card stock and start creating!  I wanted my card to be something a little different than I usually do so I picked this clean and simple layout.  When I've been prepping for classes lately, I'm realized that I'm having to cut a bunch of layers for one card and that I need to simplify a bit.  Simple is beautiful.  I wanted to use a crisp and elegant set to go along with my simplicity, so I chose Stampin' Up!'s Snowflake Soiree stamp set.  I stamped a small snowflake in Pool Party all over the background of half of my card.  I then used the color spritzer to add speckles in the white space on that same half (after all, snow falls in various sizes so I couldn't just use the small snowflake stamp).  I then inked up a larger snowflake in Soft Suede and stamped that over the top of the background I just created.  On the other half of my card, I stamped the Believe stamp (also from the Snowflake Soiree set) and one more Pool Party Snowflake.  To separate the two sides, I tied some Pool Party seam binding ribbon around it and layered everything to my card base.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love your CAS card!! This stamps eat is perfect with this color combo! Great job! Tanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card. Love you stamped the two sides differently and separated with your bow! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete