Monday, October 29, 2012

Sassy Textured Thank You

Whew, what a weekend!  We've been celebrating birthdays and Halloween which is why I haven't been blogging as much.  I'll try to pick up the pace and get back to really posting every day, but family comes first.  Just on Saturday we cleaned up, entertained 10 kids for a couple hours, ate lunch, went to a spudnut party, did trick-or-treating at two grocery stores, went to a trunk-or-treat, went out to dinner, and had some friends over for cake and ice cream.  We were beat (at least the adults were, the kids could have done it all again)! 

After such a weekend, I didn't have time to come up with anything new, but I do have this card to show you.  I made a set of them a couple weeks ago for a friend.  If you've been following my blog for a while, you should recognize the layout of the card.  See here and here.  She saw those cards but wanted me to make some with the colors shown here (Perfect Plum, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery).  I love how changing up the colors changes the card so much.  I didn't have enough of any fancy brads, so I stamped a small flower circle from the Mixed Bunch set and then punched it with the 1/2" circle punch for the center of my flower.  The flower is punched with the blossom punch and is textured with the petals-a-plenty embossing folder.  I made the leaves with the 5-petal flower punch.  The "thank you" is from the Sassy Salutation stamp set--I love how fun that font is, it can really hold its own on a card.  This reminds me, I need to get a couple thank you notes sent out.  I make a lot for samples and card ideas, but I need to be better about sending them.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Love this !! I SO need that Sassy Salutations set !! LOL I am your newest follower ... come over and visit my blog !!

    ReplyDelete