Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Flowers for You

I've been stamping up a storm lately!  Over the past several months I've been trying to take more time to create and stamp cards to share on my blog, link to challenges, show my customers, and use for classes.  It has been so fun making myself find a bit of time to stamp and I love sharing the ideas--hopefully I can keep this up!  I have not done a lot of mass-production stamping (where I stamp several of the same card so that I have cards on hand or to give as gifts).  A friend of mine wanted some cards to use for gifts and asked for my help, so I've been cranking the wheel and just finished my 19th set of cards last night!  Most of the cards are cards that I've already shown you here on my blog, but I decided I had to take a picture of one that I created just for her and share it before I give them away.

Her request was that I make a card with the Mixed Bunch set and use the greeting shown here (which comes from the A Word for You set).  I wanted something a little different than I've been doing lately and I wanted to use colors that I hadn't been using.  I hope she likes what I came up with, I know I do (in fact, I made myself a set of 6 as well).  I used Blushing Bride (now retired), Regal Rose, and Early Espresso.  Can you believe I didn't use any Patterns DSP?  I know, shocker!  I did, however, use one of my trusty textured impressions folders to make up for it.  I'm glad she requested the Mixed Bunch set because I LOVE that set and I have been ignoring it lately.  I used it a ton back in the Spring and then it got set aside when the new catalog came out and I need to not ignore such a great set.  If you don't have it, you probably "need" it because it is a fabulous set (and there is a matching punch)!  I stamped the images on a panel that is 2-3/4x4-1/4, which is exactly 1/8 sheet of card stock.  I guess I could have done the one-sheet wonder thing and stamped the whole sheet before cutting it, but I didn't think of that ahead of time.  A lot of time when I stamp, I just start stamping and then think of simpler ways to do things after the fact.  My greeting is punched out with the oval punch and the scalloped oval punch--a perfect little pair of punches!  Originally this card was just going to be the panel and non-textured background, but I experimented a bit and the polka dot background and greeting added SO much to the card I just had to "step it up" a bit.  Hope you enjoy your Tuesday!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment