Monday, October 15, 2012

Candy Cane Splatter

I took the weekend off from blogging again, but I'm back!  I wanted to hurry and share a card that I made this morning to go along with the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  When I saw this sketch last week, I knew I wanted to try it with the Candy Cane stamp from Stampin' Up!'s Scentsational Season stamp set.  I really should start using some of my other new Christmas stamps, but I just can't get enough of this set!  I wanted to use the Be of Good Cheer DSP, so I chose Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, and Cherry Cobbler for my color palette.  I stamped candy canes randomly on my card stock and then filled in the white space with my color spritzer tool and Gumball Green marker.  I layered card stock and dsp and then tied some Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon around the card before adding my greeting.  I stamped the greeting from the Embellished Events set and punched it with the oval punch, scalloped oval punch, and designer label punch.  What a fun sketch!




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great card Shauna! I love those candy canes! Perfect Christmas colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the "vintage" look of this card! Terrific take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with the FMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a "sweet" card with all of those candy canes! I love the randomly stamped background. Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! TFS. I will case this one.

    ReplyDelete