Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pink & Espresso Birthday Butterflies

I love how you can switch up stamp sets or colors and have a whole new card to look at.  I originally made a card with this layout using gray and green and a friend of mine saw it.  She loved the card, but wanted me to make her some cards like it but in different colors.  I know that she likes pinks and browns, so this is what I came up with.

I chose to use Pretty in Pink and Early Espresso with my Papillion Potpourri stamp set.  I stamped butterflies all over the white card stock and then added a strip of Pretty in Pink Patterns DSP to the bottom of it.  Both of those got mounted to some Early Espresso card stock and then tied with some Espresso stitched grosgrain.  I wanted my card base to have some texture, so I ran it through my Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty folder to mimic the flowers onto some of the butterflies.  My greeting is from Sassy Salutations and is stamped with Early Espresso ink.  To finish things off, I stamped an Early Espresso butterfly, punched it with the Elegant Butterfly Punch, and then mounted it onto the bottom of the card with some Stampin' Dimensionals.  Have you noticed that Stampin' Up! has a lot of stamps with butterflies, birds, and other animals?  This week's challenge at SUO Challenges is to use one of Stampin' Up!'s animal stamps on a card.  What do you think of mine?  I'm glad that butterflies count, because I sure love this stamp set.  Funny thing about this set is that when I first got my new catalog, I didn't really notice this set.  Then I saw a few ideas with it and decided to get it just for fun, and now it is one of my favorite sets!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the color combos, and butterfly cards are always among my favorites. I'm your newest follower, and I hope you'll stop to visit and follow me too. www.stampandscrapwithbrenda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty color combo and wonderful butterflies. Thanks for playing along with the animal challenge this time on SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely with these colors! So glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete